Coach fees for the 2023 season are the following:
- Background check requirement (Year 1 Coach – $37.60) (Years 2 thru 6 Coach – $10.75) (Year 7 Coach – $37.60)
- Annual NICA fee ($25)
- Annual Kentucky League fee – this fee has been dropped for 2023. We appreciate all of you so very much!
WHAT YOU’RE GETTING
- Insurance during KICL practices, pre-rides, events, and races
- Training webinars
- Access to the numerous resources through NICA’s industry connections, including discounts on products
- Risk Management best practices studies and implementation
- The how-to’s of starting a team and working with middle and high schoolers
- Access to industry leading skills and coach training
**Coaching fees are non-refundable**
2023 student-athlete fees are separate items: Season Registration & Races Fees. Student-athletes are not required to race, but may register to race at any point in the season (deadlines exist for each race).
SEASON REGISTRATION – must be paid for ALL student-athletes ( “Practice Ready”.)
- Student-Athlete Season Fee ($140) – $40 NICA fee + $100 league fee
RACE FEES – these are only paid for student-athletes who wish to race (“Race Ready”). There are two (2) options.
- Season Pass ($175) – when you purchase all five (5) races a discount will automatically be applied at checkout.
- Ala Carte Race ($40)
EVENT FEES – GRiT, Teen Trail Corps, and Adventure event fees will be paid separately throughout the season using Eventbrite links that will be provided by league. Registration for these events will be posted on this website, social media, email, and in Single Track Times (newsletter) as registration opens for each.
WHAT YOU’RE GETTING
- The KICL League experience!
- Team support and development
- NICA registration
- NICA insurance coverage
- KICL league registration
- GRiT, Teen Trail Corps, and Adventure programming
- Team rides and events with certified NICA coaches
- Professionally led coaching education and advancement and a top quality youth sports coaching curriculum and philosophy
- Innovative and class leading youth development programming through sport
- A professional, secure, and appropriate environment and experience for our participants
- Special offers from sponsors of NICA and the league, including discounts on product and event registration
**The Season Registration Fee is non-refundable**
LEAGUE TEAM FEES
- Compliant Team Fee ($100)
- Non-compliant Team Fee ($150)
**Note that any local team fees will be in addition to the Kentucky League’s fee, and will be paid separately to the team. There is a range on what youth mountain biking team fees will be based on what kinds of things the team wants to cover (equipment, food, lodging, coach fees, etc.), so it’s best to check in with your Head Coach or Team Director about this.
We know finances can be a barrier for people to participate in this sport, and we’re committed to assisting families to the best of our ability with our scholarship fund. Whether you’re a coach or a student-athlete, we are here for you!
Student-Athlete Scholarship Application
Coach Scholarship Application