The total for the 2021 season is $98, this fee covers the following:
- Background check requirement ($38) [This is reduced in subsequent years]
- Annual NICA fee ($50)
- Annual Kentucky League fee ($10)
- Insurance during practices, pre-rides, and races
- Training webinars
- Access to the numerous resources through NICA’s industry connections, including discounts on products
- Risk Management best practices studies and implementation
- The how-to’s of starting a team and working with middle and high schoolers
The 2021 season fee for each student-athlete will be composed of two separate payments: A Season Registration fee of $135 and our Event Pass of $125. Note: The Event Pass $125 – you will purchase all races and discount will automatically be applied at checkout. Season registration fee breakdown is as follows: KICL Season registration and league support – $85. NICA fees and administration costs – $50. In addition to supporting the Kentucky League as a year-round organization.
The Season Registration fee includes and supports:
- The KICL League experience!
- Team support and development
- NICA registration
- NICA insurance coverage
- KICL league registration
- Event development
- Team rides and events with certified NICA coaches
- Professionally led coaching education and advancement and a top quality youth sports coaching curriculum and philosophy
- Innovative and class leading youth development programming through sport
- A safe, professional, secure, and appropriate environment and experience for our participants
- Special offers from sponsors of NICA and the league, including discounts on product and event registration
Students will need to pay the Season Registration fee when registering for a team to be able to practice with the team for the entire season April-November.
The Season Registration Fee is non-refundable.
There will be an additional charge for races/league events and it is called the Event Pass. It will be $125 for new riders to the league and the fee will cover the costs associated with our planned race and adventure events. Note: The Event Pass $125 – you will purchase all races and discount will automatically be applied at checkout. Or, student-athletes also have the option of paying per event this season at $35 per event. This fee will not be required at the start of our season and will only be implemented if we can run league-wide events. If, for some reason, we must cancel league events due to COVID-19 cancellations, this fee WILL BE refunded. The plan is to collect this fee before our first event slated for the third weekend in August.
Team Registration Fee
There is a team registration fee of $100. All Kentucky teams in the inaugural year will be D2 teams. This fee covers the insurance for the entire season of practices, team events and races. The fee also helps offset the cost of ongoing team development and support, coaches’ newsletters and team trophies/awards. In addition to liability and supplemental health insurance for all registered coaches, volunteers and student athletes, NICA teams enjoy a number of great benefits, including discounted products from NICA and League sponsors. This fee is managed by the Head Coach or Team Director in the Pit Zone.
Note that any local team fees will be in addition to the Kentucky League’s fee, and will be paid separately to the team. There is a range on what youth mountain biking team fees will be based on what kinds of things the team wants to cover (equipment, food, lodging, coach fees, etc.), so it’s best to check in with your Head Coach or Team Director about this.
We know finances can be a barrier for people to participate in this sport, and we’re committed to assisting families to the best of our ability with our scholarship fund. Whether you’re a coach or a student-athlete, we are here for you!